Learning how to stay healthy and happy when working from home is a process. This is because working from home requires several things in order to be able to perform:
- Focus – it is easy to get distracted when working at home from family members, visitors, the phone, television and even online activities such as the can all seem to conspire against completing the work you know you should be doing.
- Workspace – many people who work at home if not taken the time to set up their own personal office so that they can close the door concentrate on work instead of being drawn away by the numerous distractions at home.
- Junk food – unfortunately many work at home professionals do not always take the time to prepare proper meals settle for fast food, snacks, junk food and other unhealthy life choices.
- Exercise – just because you work at home doesn’t mean exercise should be skipped! In fact it is critical that you devote time throughout the week for at least 45 minutes a pop. Working at home can often make you forget about taking care of yourself.
- Housework – work at home people often get sidetracked by housework or other demands that prevent productivity from occurring. For example you have that nagging feeling in the back of your head that you should be doing the laundry instead of being productive and finishing your work.
All of the above distractions can actually cause serious issues with your health and wellness but if you apply a work ethic to your work at home job or business, you can benefit. Wor example, most work at home people have discovered that having a set routine is one of the best ways to determine how your work day should progress.
I mean, come on! Working at home is a privilege so you should treat that way and make sure that you’re devoting sufficient time to productivity because it’s easy to believe that you are doing tasks to benefit your household but you’re actually injuring your pocketbook at the same time!
Once you have completed a set work schedule, you can then devote time to personal pursuits, exercise and other activities that benefit the household.
Some other considerations are as follows:
- Diet – now is a great time to reduce all of the garbage that you’ve been eating and go on an organic diet. This should include lots of lean proteins and natural fats as well as fruit and veggies.
- Regular exercise – you’ll feel better than you fell in years especially if you devote time to reasonably intensive exercise sessions that involve weightlifting and cardio vascular exercise at reasonable intensive levels. Improving your health will also improve the way you work and your productivity levels.
- Working a set schedule – without question this is the single best thing that you can do so that you guarantee a certain number of hours of productivity. For example you could work from 9 to 11, take an hour off for lunch, work from 12 to 4 and devote an hour from 4 to 5 for household chores and responsibilities. At the end of the day you are done with your work until tomorrow.
Following these simple suggestions like being organized and devoting time to building your business, will show you know how to stay healthy and happy working from home.
Subscribe to my newsletter and get"Business Netiquette: The Essential Guide to Online Business Etiquette" sent straight to your inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.