Most entrepreneurs know the benefit of creating and building a digital product but unfortunately they’re not entirely sure how to go about the process. I spoke with one of the top content creation companies online to get their take on some of the best ways to both create and build a digital product that would have the greatest likelihood of success and here is what they said:
- Research your industry – Before you can determine the kind of digital product you want to create, must first determine what your industry is looking for when it comes to solving a problem. You must take the time to properly research your industry, the niche within the industry and whether or not people are willing to actually pay money for the product.
- Ask what is needed – It does no good to develop a product that nobody wants to spend money on. Start out by looking for a dividing issue in your industry. You should start asking people in your industry how to solve this problem and what they think. RECORD this information! One of the best ways to get people’s opinions is to create a survey using a service like http://Surveymonkey.com (core service is free).
- Compile your results and determine the best niche: Now that you know what your industry is looking for, you must determine what market inside of your industry that you should develop a product for. For example, in the golf industry beginners want to learn how to do the correct backswing. You would send out surveys to people who just started golfing and ask them if they would be willing to pay for a book that would teach them how to improve their golf swing and game.
- Create a basic outline and get feedback – Now that you have an idea as to your market, the time is come to create a basic outline and get feedback from the people in this market to see if this will be a viable product to create. You want people to be as critical as possible when looking at your outline. Then when you finally create the core product it is going to be something that has lots feedback and discussion. All this can be done on most forums related to your market.
- Share your draft with experts in your niche – find the top minds in your market and offer them the product for free in exchange for valuable feedback and testimonials. Remember that these people are critical to win over so make sure you take their advice and expertise and make changes to the product as necessary.
- Pre – launch (i.e. Jeff walker) now it’s time to actually plan how you are going to pre-launch the final product. During the prelaunch, you should get additional feedback as to images, functionality of the product and how it is to be promoted. During this final stage you will make the final changes and tweaks to ensure the product is top notch and has two thumbs up from a majority of people that you speak to that are parts of the niche you wish to promote.
- Launch & affiliate push – Here you can create an affiliate program and share the wealth with other experts in your field to also promote your book because they will get a commission.
Following these steps guarantees that you will produce a product that is well received and will even is shared by some of the top minds in your niche; because they have had a vested interest in the creation and the affiliate program that you can offer as well. Now you can create and develop your own digital product and you follow these wonderful steps that will leave people in your market excited and ready to help you share your product the world.
Subscribe to my newsletter and get"Business Netiquette: The Essential Guide to Online Business Etiquette" sent straight to your inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.